Monday, September 8, 2008

A Topic I'd Love To Know More About.....The Brain

About a month ago, I was talking with my sister (a Theology Professor who lives in Newberg, Oregon) on the telephone. She told me the most amazing thing. She informed me that inside our brain there is a section that harbors all of our anxieties and feelings of fret and worry. She said there is also an area in the brain that stores our gratitude and thankfulness. Now here comes the interesting part.....These two diametrically opposing feelings are stored in the exact same location in our brain. Now comes the truly mind-blowing factoid. Did you know that it is biologically impossible for these two emotions/states of mind to co-exist in our brain at the same time. That magnificent little fact absolutely blew me away! The implications are awe inspiring. To think that our Creator designed our brains in such a way, that if we focus on our blessings and gratitude for things in this life, then it automatically cancels out any negative fretting and anxious worrying! This new discovery has inspired me to learn more about how the brain functions.
So, anything relating to how the brain works would be a most provocative topic for further research.

2 comments:

L I S A said...

It sounds to me like this topic (the brain) outweighs the other (screenplay). I can hear the excitement in the tone of your writing when you discuss the topic. Either topic sounds interesting!

Lucy said...

WOW i did not know that. and your a great writer, the moment i read the first sentence of your blog i was already interested. and yeah, the brain is a very complicated part of the body that no one truly understands,its so fascinating. i love you topic!