Monday, September 8, 2008

How Do You Write A Screenplay?

This topic has always intrigued me. I have often wondered how difficult it would be to put a story line into a screenplay format. I have seen many screenplays in the past, due to my brother's profession as an actor. Also, he has written a few screenplays to his credit. But to actually attempt this challenge myself, it would take much research and informed study, before I would even attempt such an ambitious endeavor!
I would imagine it would require alot of narrowing down the storyline, as well as, figuring out the mechanics of the actual written format, with constant dialogue and scene settings, needed for proper filming "setup".

1 comment:

VRey said...

This has also intrigued me. I am an actor as well. But I've been thinking, if I can't make it into acting. I'm pretty sure I can make into a technical aspect of the entertainment industry. I've been reading some of your other blog posts and might I say, the way you think is pretty impressive.

I can't wait for all the things we're going to learn this year.

-Victor Reynaga