Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Ode to "Isabella"

It was 6 years ago that I created my first internet column. Back in 2002, the world had not yet latched onto the current "buzzword du jour"...BLOG....and so I, for lack of any better terminology, described my weekly internet rantings as....a column. I began these daily/weekly musings of mine as first, a creative outlet, but it evolved into something far more meaningful to me. I wrote about anything and everything, from current events to societal woes and political
platforms and ideologies. It became a full-time endeavor because I wrote monday thru friday, almost every week for a 2 year period....I did take some sabbaticals/ vacations from time to time, but the consistent nature of my writing became an obligation I happily fulfilled. You see, much to my amazement, I had a huge response, worldwide. People from Russia, China, Australia, Europe, and bizarre locations I've never heard of before, began to write back to me and including me in on the largest global communication network of my life! It was fascinating to hear comments from such a diverse crowd. There was even a family in Boston who would make my column part of their early morning routine, as they sat drinking their coffee around the breakfast table. I felt extremely honored and humbled by the gravity of that image.
Who knew that I was an early "blogger"...I just didn't have a name for it back then.
I eventually discontinued the webpage and my column...which I had entitled.."Do the 2 "by Isabella(my nom de plume)...It was difficult to maintain the consistent writing and I needed a
break. I did miss the feedback from my global community of friends, and it had become a bit addictive, in that regard. But alas, now there's this new forum by which to be creative and interact once again with others via this cyber family we've all joined...via our respective
blogsites. I look forward to this new avenue of creativity!

2 comments:

L I S A said...

Greetings to the former "Isabella"! Your former experience as an early blogger certainly rings through in your first entry. You speak with great description and clarity and I enjoyed reading of your desire to move ahead and restart your earlier endeavors. Ü

antimaher said...

I had the pleasure of not only reading your column but viewing the many places the content arrived from. It was truly ahead of its time and I would look forward to another blog by you, that was so eloquently written.